Yellow felt or woven fabric (fabric is easier)
1. Cut your felt into a circle. Mine was a 12″ radius. Quilt the felt with your green thread. I made sure to not do squares but more like diamonds when I was quilting.
3. Cut your leather into pineapple leaf shapes. I cut 10 leaves in different lengths and widths. It’s easier if the base of the leaf is about 3/8″ wide.
4. Cut a long thin strip of leather that will become your loop.
5. Sew the leaves to the outside edge of the circle with the right side of the leather facing down. Sew the loop to the edge of the circle also.
6. Change your thread to the yellow thread. You can’t see it, but I sewed a basting stitch 5/8″ from the edge of the circle all the way around.
7. Pull on the basting stitch on the outside of the pineapple to gather the edge of the circle. Gather the circle as tight as you can so that it forms a ball.
8. Tuck the 5/8″ extra bit down inside the ball but make sure the leaves are still poking out. Stuff the fiberfill down into the ball. I switched between stuffing and pushing the seam allowance inside but keeping the leaves out. It’s not hard; it’s just a little bit tedious.
9. Tie off the thread as tie as possible. My felt did not gather super tight so after pulling the thread tight and tying it off, I took a needle and thread and sewed some Xs across the top to pull it in a little more.