I recently got some new pajama pants for myself. They were simple and basic and, unfortunately, too short. I almost always have this problem when buying ready-to-wear because I’m taller than average. I decided to add some cuffs to my pajama pants to make them look like joggers and add a couple of inches of length to make them longer. I also fixed the weird waistband and drawstring which I took pictures of too.
3. Sew a piece of elastic to one end of the drawstring. Attach a safety pin to the other end of the elastic.
4. Thread the elastic through the back of the casing.
5. Take the safety pin off the elastic and sew the end of the elastic to the other drawstring.
6. Close the waistband, and you have fixed the waistband.
2. Cut two pieces of rib knit 5″ tall and 80% of the circumference of the pants hem.
3. Sew the short edges of the rib knit together at 1/4″. Fold the cuffs in half wrong sides together to enclose the seams.
4. Divide the cuffs into four sections. Divide the pants hem into four sections. Match up the four sections and pin.
5. Sew the three layers together with 1/4″ seam allowance and a stretch stitch. Finish the edges.
Done! Enjoy your now longer pants! And maybe trendier too!