Rib knit fabric with good recovery (my favorite is from Joanns)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FIXING THE WAISTBAND
We are going to start with the waistband first. The way this waistband was sewn was a little crazy. There was a drawstring that instead of going all the way around the waist it stopped at each side seam. There was nothing along the back so the drawstring didn't work.
1. Unpick the waistband at both side seams.
2. Unpick the drawstring and both side seams.
4. Thread the elastic through the back of the casing.
5. Take the safety pin off the elastic and sew the end of the elastic to the other drawstring.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ADDING CUFFS
1. Cut the hem off the bottom of the pants. (I tried unpicking the hem and it starting putting holes in the fabric, so I just cut it off.)
3. Sew the short edges of the rib knit together at 1/4". Fold the cuffs in half wrong sides together to enclose the seams.
5. Sew the three layers together with 1/4" seam allowance and a stretch stitch. Finish the edges.