he Union St. Tee pattern (affiliate link) but straightened the hem, straightened the curved sides, and shortened the body by a couple of inches. I didn't have enough fabric to cut out the sleeves (the interlock blend isn't very wide), so I cut the sleeves, neckband, sleeve cuffs, and waistband from mint cotton spandex. I bought this fabric that was leftover from a fabric manufacturer. I was a little worried that the sweatshirt would look too baggy and would need waist shaping but after getting responses on instagram I'm happy with the fit and look.
After embroidering I decided to water down some black acrylic paint to "dye" where the letters are. I thought it would just fill in with a nice charcoal, but it came out really dark and filled in all my letters. I still like it, but I wish it would've been a little more faded.
my wardrobe colors, and since white and mint are similarly lighter colors it is easier for me to wear. I love a good cozy sweatshirt for winter and the graphic makes it just a step up. It's easy to throw on and easy to wear with other items in my closet.
Here's a little video to see the sweatshirt in action! Subscribe to my youtube channel to see more videos!