Men's or women's tshirt
FREE PATTERN: Baby Tshirt Romper Pattern size 6-9 mos
Ballpoint sewing machine needle
buttons or snaps - I like these KAM Snaps (affiliate link)
INSTRUCTIONS1. Use the tshirt romper instructions to cut out the pieces.
2. Cut four strips of fabric (either matching or coordinating) 20" x 3/4".
3. Sew a basting stitch down the center of each strip of fabric.
4. Pull the bobbin thread to gather the fabric.
5. Lay out the ruffles along the back romper just above the inseam about 1/2". Line up the short edges with the sides of the romper. Adjust the gathering as needed. Pin.
7. When sewing on the gusset, make sure the ruffles don't get caught in the seam.
8. Construct the rest of the rumper as instructed by the tshirt romper tutorial.
Enjoy the ruffle bum on your beautiful baby! It's especially cute when your baby is doing tummy time!
Here's a list of all the variations!