If you’ve downloaded the new and improved tshirt romper pattern, you may have noticed that I’ve added something new. I added some new cutting lines so you can have a gathered sleeve and a gathered hem like bloomer! I love this version; it’s so girly and cute. It’s perfect for baby girls!
A women’s or men’s crew neck tshirt
FREE PATTERN: Baby Tshirt Romper Pattern size 6-9 mos
Ballpoint sewing machine needle*
1 yd 1/4″ elastic*
buttons or snaps – I like these KAM Snaps*
7. Before attaching the facing, sew the hem by folding the hem up 1/2″ and sew with a straight stitch or zigzag stitch.
8. Cut two pieces of elastic 10″ long.
9. Insert elastic into the hem casing and tack at both ends.
10. Sew the front facing onto the front inseam. Sew through the elastic to make sure it’s nice and secure.
11. Sew on the gusset to the back of the romper.
12. Create the back facing using the two facings and attach to the back inseam. Sew through the elastic ends.
13. Attach the snaps to the front and back at the inseam.