A button down shirt
1. This is the pieces you'll need from the shirt. Cut the body 13" from the hem.
2. Unpick the collar and the collar stand.
3. Cut off the hem from the bottom of the shirt.
5. Cut off all the seams.
6. With right sides together sew 1/4" along each long side of the collars. Turn right side out.
7. Sew 3/8" from the edge along the inside curve creating a casing.
8. Insert 5" of elastic into the casing and tack at each end.
9. Sew a basting stitch and gather the top edge of the shirt.
11. Sew the collar stand onto the gathered edge of the shirt.
12. Insert the straps into the collar stand 2" from center front and center back and sew the top of the collar stand closed.
13. Create a 1/2" casing along the bottom edge of the shirt.
14. Cut two pieces of elastic 10" long and insert them into the casing while leaving 3" of the center front and the center back elastic-free.
15. Add snaps or buttons to 3" elastic-free spot for easy diaper changes.