I'm excited to share a new dress today inspired by the blog tour Sew the Show: Six Degrees of Separation! You know that game Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon? The game where you can find that almost any actor, director, etc. is only six degrees from Kevin Bacon. The tour has been bouncing to different sewing blogs showing outfits inspired by movies that can be connected by one degree. We started at Kevin Bacon and are going around until we get back to Kevin Bacon. This is my pretty wrap dress that I made for my movie. Can you guess which movie I chose?
These are the actors that are connected by one degree so far, you'll have to go to each blog to see more! The next stop is Maria Sews so go see how she's connected to me!
I chose Amy Adams who is in the movie before mine (Man of Steel), and I chose the movie Leap Year. It's a fun chick flick and although it's not my favorite, I've always wanted to make a wrap dress inspired by the one Amy wears during the proposal at the end. I love wrap dresses and hers is so classic and feminine. Mine is a little different since I'm pregnant, but that means it can grow with me and through post-partem.Alissa wrap top sewing pattern to get the wrap bodice and sleeves right. I shortened the bodice by three inches so it would come right under my bust. Then I added a wrap circle skirt to make it a dress. It came together quickly and easily. I made it midi length since it's cold and wintery. The hardest part was to hem all the edges. It took a long time, but a double needle made it a little easier. I'm glad I took the time to put it all together and make the hems nice. It's a great basic and classic dress that I'll happily wear.
- Monday Dec. 7: Free Notion | Creative Counselor
- Tuesday Dec. 8: A Jennuine Life | Climbing the Willow | Bonus Stops! Rebel and Malice | Cindy Parrett
- Wednesday Dec. 9: Lauren Fazio | Falafel and the Bee | Bonus Stop! That’s What She Crafted
- Thursday Dec. 10: Paisley Roots | The Wholesome Mama
- Friday Dec. 11: It’s Been Taylored | Mae & K
- Monday Dec. 14: Simple.Blessed | Pincushion Porcupine
- Tuesday Dec. 15: Call Ajaire | Lulu & Celeste
- Wednesday Dec. 16: Work Pray Sew | Pear Berry Lane | Bonus Stop! Adventures With Bubba and Bug
- Thursday Dec. 17: Ali Cat & Co | Feathers Flights | Bonus Stops! Friends Stitched Together | Knot Sew Normal
- Friday Dec. 18: MSL Creations | Creative Counselor | Bonus Stop! Make It Sew Seattle