One shirt or one pair of pants has tons of fabric. Way more than I realized until I started working on this series. Did you know you can make two pair of pants from one button up shirt? It might be a little cliche but I love having my kids match. Or at least coordinate. So making them pants from the same shirt was just too adorable!
3. Fold the back of the shirt in half and line up the pattern on the fold and with the hem.
4. Sew the button placket closed.
5. Construct the pants as directed by the pattern.
1. Cut the sleeves off of the shirt. If not already, cut open on the seam so it can be opened flat.
2. Lay the pattern out on the sleeves. Use the cuff as the hem.
3. Construct the pants as directed by the pattern.