Both bloomers were made with tee shirts. The denim shorts were made from cut offs of pants. The white shorts were made from the hem of a white embroidered tunic.
Hem area of pants, shorts, or a tee shirt
1/4" elastic for hem
3/4" elastic for waist
1. Tape pattern together and cut it out. Line up the bottom of the pattern with the hem of your shirt or pants. For bloomers option: 2. Cut two strips of elastic for the hem 8" for 3 mos, 9" for 6 mos, and 10" for 12 mos.
5. Tack with a straight stitch.
6. Pull the elastic through to the other side and tack end.
9. From the outside of the fabric, sew the seam allowance towards the back.
11. Divide elastic into four equal parts. Divide the waist of the shorts/bloomers into four equal parts. Match up the four pins with the elastic on the inside.
12. Sew with a zigzag stitching onto the elastic attaching it to the shorts/bloomers. Fold the elastic and fabric over encasing the elastic inside the fabric. Sew with a zigzag stitch from the front about 3/4" from the edge.