I went through a sewing slump after all the holiday and wedding sewing projects. I had plans to make a bunch of clothes for me and made some, but I don't have a lot motivation to get it all done. To fix my slump I decided to throw my to-do list out the window and just went with inspiration. I've been wanting to make a backpack using this free backpack pattern, and I finally did.
I used some home decor weight fabric that my brother gave me. He upholstered some chairs and gave me the leftover yard. It's a beautiful print and really pretty colors. I didn't change anything except add a layer of fabric in the middle of the layers and quilted to the lining. Let's just say it's my way of adding interfacing without adding interfacing. I run out of it way too often. I also added a small pocket inside.
It's surprisingly a good sized bag and can fit a lot of stuff in it. I'm going to use it for all the kids' quiet activities for church, waiting rooms, etc. It's not very masculine, but I think my husband will like this bag better than the other bag we're using.
I need to get a better rope for the drawstring because I just used what I had. It's just a thin black string that'll have to do for now. Hopefully this will kick me out of my sewing slump.