Everything went well with our move, and we are slowly settling in. It takes awhile to find a place for everything. While we were packing up, I whipped up a simple dress using the Staple Dress pattern for some family pictures. It was the only pattern that was easily accessible. I really love the femininity and simplicity of this dress. (Don't worry, I only have one more staple dress planned before I'm done with that pattern for awhile!)
I added a continuous bound placket to the front neckline so I would have easy nursing access. I also added a band around the hem to give it the length I like. I didn't have quite enough yardage to cut it long enough. I did a subtle hi-lo hem, and I love it. It gives me a little extra bending room in the back.
Pattern: The staple dress. I added length, a front placket, and took in the neckline.
Fabric: Navy swiss dot from Fabric.com.
Time: 3 hours
Cost: $12. Originally $4.98 a yard and I used as much of the 2.5 yards that I ordered as I could.