The mulberry tunic only goes down to size 18 months, but I altered it to be more of a 9 month size. I eliminated the sleeves and neckline binding. Instead I fully lined the bodice with a pink gingham and made the seams on the front and back match. I left the shoulders wide so they look like cap sleeves while Claire is little. I kept the curved hem and added width and gathers to the bottom half. I added pink gingham side pockets. I used snaps on the button placket.
For the clover shorts, I used a size 6 mos but I changed the pleats to gathers on the front. I also halved the cuff so it doesn’t fold up and inserted elastic. They look like little bloomers now! I left off the pockets, waist ruffle, and belt loops.
These fabrics look so good together! I think someone purchased them to go together and then just never got around to using them. I only had maybe a fat eighth of the floral so I squeezed everything out of it. I wish the bottom half would’ve been longer to be a long dress, but that was all the floral fabric I had!
She’s a sweetie
As Claire gets bigger both pieces will grow with her. The dress is wide enough to be worn as a tunic and shirt which can be worn over a long sleeve shirt or under a cardigan. The shorts have lots of room to be worn over tights or leggings. I can’t wait to see her wear these pieces through the rest of the summer and then into fall and winter.
While I was taking these flat outfit pictures, this was happening in the background. Henry was begging me to turn on Daniel Tiger (love that show!), and Claire was nakie and eating a CD. We’re awesome.