- It's made with your custom measurements. I chose to not do my measurements because I'm still adjusting after having Claire. I chose to go with the size I will most closely return to.
- Besides custom measurements, you can also customize the dress. I decided to omit the embroidery (red isn't my color), lengthen the hem, and add pockets. How cool is that?!
- The dress was made and shipped surprisingly fast.
- It's high quality fabric and construction. I'm very impressed with the overall quality of this dress. I can tell that this dress will last me a long time.
- The dresses are expensive, but a fair price for customization and the quality. (I would actually purchase a dress from them in the future if I needed a nice cocktail dress.)
- The fabric wrinkles easily. (I hate ironing.)
- The zipper is hard for me to zip up because of all the fabric and seams, but my husband is always able to zip it.
Piping (purchased or homemade)
Dress or Skirt
Strip of fabric
1. Gather supplies. Choose a bowl that has the right size curve.
2. Use the bowl and a marking tool to draw scallops all the way around the hem.
4. Sew a strip of fabric over the piping sewing on the same stitching line.
6. Turn right side out and press. Topstitch just above the piping to hold the hem allowance inside.