I love fun, whimsical, animal kid’s lamps, but I do not love the price tag. Someone pointed out the DIY Animal Lamp, and it’s been on my to-do list ever since. I didn’t want to have to make and sew an elephant though. Eventually, I found a stuffed elephant at a thrift store and figured out a way to turn it into a lamp!
Make your own! You’ll need:
A stuffed animal (if you get a stuffed animal secondhand, wash it first!)
Liquid starch (cheap and found at any drugstore!)
LED cord lights (make sure they don’t give off any heat!)
Small spray bottle
1. Put your animal on the towel in a place it can sit for 24 hours.
2. Fill the spray bottle with liquid starch. Spray the entire animal until it is soaking wet.
3. Arrange the animal how you want it to be permanently. Let it dry for 24 hours.
4. Cut a small hole in the bottom of the animal. Remove the stuffing. (My elephant had the beads in the feet which I left inside to give the lamp some weight.)
5. Insert the LED cord lights. Plug it in and enjoy your new lamp!
It adds so much character to my son’s room! I love it!