Shirt (partly finished)
Rib Knit Neckline
1. The size of the contrast fabric should be 4" wide by height + 1". Interface one side.
2. Place the right side of the contrast to the right side of the shirt at center front (or off to the side for asymmetry.) Draw a line on the contrast down the center the height that you want. Sew down one side of the line, pivot at the bottom, and sew up the other side.
2. Cut down the center to the point.
3. Flip the contrast fabric around to the inside of the shirt.
4. Decide which side you want the placket to open. Fold the front side of the placket under. The back side of the placket will have a 1" fold. Mark folds.
5. With right sides together, sew the ends of your neckline together. Turn right side out.
6. Pin the neckline to the shirt. Line up the neckline edge with the fold line. Fold the other part of the facing over the neckline.
7. Sew on neckline.
8. Turn placket right side out. Sew all layers together 1" from each fold and sew across the bottom.
10. Attach buttons or snaps making sure the placket lines up perfectly.
Thanks so much for everyone's input!