Baby Shoes Free Pattern - Size 12 mos
12 inches of 1/4"-3/8" elastic
1. Fold the back piece on the fold with right sides together. Sew at 1/4" along the lower diagonal. Turn right side out.
2. Sew along the top at 1/2".
4. Do the same with another top side to the other side of the top middle.
5. Clip the seam allowances.
6. Repeat for another top piece.
7. With right sides together, place the top pieces together and sew the flatter edge at 1/4". Turn right side out.
8. Sew a topstitch 1/4" from edge.
9. Pin unfinished edges together matching up as well as you can. Baste.
10. Cut two 1/2" slits about an 1" apart on the underside of the top piece.
12. Baste two sole pieces together.
14. Pin the other side and sew. Trim the corner.
15. Find the middle of the back piece and line it up with the mark on the heel of the sole. Pin right sides together and sew at 1/8".
17. Cut elastic 6" and insert into the casing around ankle.
18. Thread through cut slits on top part of shoe. Sew ends of elastic together and hide join inside the casing.