If you need some craft to do with your kid before they go back to school, then this is for you! It's a fun New Year's Eve tradition, and it helps everyone start thinking of the next year. It helps kids practice art and writing. It's the resolution paper hats.
Fun pens, markers, glitter, etc.
1. Fold a newspaper for everyone in your family. Here's a nice refresher.
2. Write each person's name on their hat and the upcoming year. Then help them write things they will do the next year or things they want to achieve. For example, mine were grow my hair out, read twelve books, sew lots, grow a garden, etc.. For Henry I wrote, turns two, learns to run, learns new words, goes to nursery, etc.
3. Let your kids go to town decorating their hat.
4. Take pictures in your hats! It's really fun for kids to wear hats that they decorated.
5. Save them and next New Year's Eve take them out again. Your kids will be able to see their work, and check if they did all they wanted that year.