coordinating knit fabric (ribbing is easiest!)
scissors, pins, sewing machine, etc.
buttons or snaps
1. Measure the center front length of your onesie. Add 1/2". Decide on width, multiply by 2 and add 1/2". Cut a rectangle with these measurements. The stretch of the knit fabric should go with the length.
2. Fold the fabric in half lengthwise with wrong sides together. Sew with a zigzag at 1/4" on the long raw edge and one short edge.
3. Trim sewn corner.
5. Fold raw edges of the open short side into the band and sew across the top.
6. Sew across the top of the other short side.
8. Sew with either a zigzag or a double needle across the top, down the left side and across the center fold.
10. Sew with a zigzag or double needle across the fold and up the right side.
11. You will be able to "open" the band from the left side.
12. Attach buttons or snap.