It's is the last day of Handmaking the Holidays! It has been fun to see and share lots of hand made goodness. Chrissy is wrapping it up with a list of all the handmade tutorials and round-ups.
I'm bringing home this post that was originally posted over at I Am Momma Hear Me Roar. I came across this Batman sweatshirt and loved the simplicity of it. I knew it could easily be replicated by attaching a hood to a sweatshirt or shirt, so I came up with a hood pattern.
Batman Hood Pattern Size 4/5
Large black sweatshirt
Thread, scissors, pins, etc
Shirt or hoodie to sew hood onto
1. Either trace your son's existing hoodie to make a hoodie or find a shirt to attach hood to.
3. Cut hood off and cut up seam so it lies flat.
4. Lay out pattern and cut out four pieces of the front and back of the batman hood.
5. Clip and trim corners.
6. With right sides together pin left and right side together. Sew at 1/4". Don't forget to sew the front seam under the face at 1/4".
8. Sew on the hooked side of the velcro pieces.
9. Sew the soft side of the velcro pieces into one of the hoods matching the same spots as the mask.
11. Clip and trim corners.
14. Sew with a zigzag at 1/4".