this apron, so she could give it to her MIL for Christmas. It's a really cute apron and easy to knock-off, so I prepared a tutorial so you all can give aprons as gifts for Christmas.
2-3 yards of cotton fabric
3 yards of piping
thread, scissors, pins, etc.
Pieces - cut all on the bias
4. Sew piping onto the bottom edge of the skirt piece.
5. Sew the gathered edge of the flounce to the piped edge of the skirt.
6. Finish seam allowance of skirt. This is the only non-enclosed seam, and finishing the edge isn't that important since everything is on the bias.
7. Take out any stitches that can be seen from the gathering stitches.
9. Hem the bottom of the flounce at .25".
11. Center the gathered skirt edge on the band. Pin the other band piece, the back, to that edge and sew. The skirt is now attached and the band pieces can be pulled up.
12. Take out any leftover gathering stitches.
13. Center the bodice piece on the other piped edge of the band.
14. Roll up the bodice and the skirt tightly so you can see the back band.
15. Pull the back band over the roll and pin to the piping edge. Sew and turn band right side out.
17. Sew piping across the top. Sew back pocket over piping.
18. Flip pocket around with the back in the back and the piped pocket on top.
19. Baste the two pocket pieces together.
21. Turn right side out and topstitch edge.
23. Fold edges of the band in at .5". Slide straps in and topstitch.
24. Sew pocket onto skirt.