We're getting ready for swim season around here. I don't know about you, but cute swimsuits don't give me the coverage I'd like. I did some quick touch-ups so I'd feel more comfortable in the water. The aqua suit has great coverage except a very revealing hole in the middle. I added a piece of white swimsuit fabric to cover it up. The brown suit was just a little to low for my taste so I added a white swimsuit fabric ruffle.
And just so you know, this was definitely a quick job. I didn't finish the edges, and I even had a different color bobbin than the top thread.
I also made my son a swim out of some old thrifted swim trunks. Look how short these are!
I kept the pocket detail even though Henry won't use them. (Sorry, you don't get to see his naked torso; it was hard enough just getting these pictures with the shorts thrown over his romper.)
He is so tiny that the pockets wrap around to the back. I though I was making some short shorts for him, but he's such a shorty that they turned out to be the perfect length.
I still need to iron the frog applique.