*Remember that it's 1/2" seam allowances unless otherwise stated. I tried to say 1/2" seam allowance every time, but I might have missed one or two.
All supplies and measurements are provided on the diagram that you can find here.
1. Cut out all the pieces. Baste all the interfacing pieces to the fabric pieces at 1/8". Keep the inside pieces and outside pieces separate. In this tutorial the floral print is the fabric while the gingham is the lining fabric.
3. If you haven't already, mark where the pleats are using the measurements on the diagram.
29. Take the last two big pleated pocket pieces.
53. Line up the zipper top with the top of the bag. Pin in place and sew at 1/8".
56. Sew on your straps if you haven't. If you sewed straps on on one side already, go over the stitching again. This gives lots of strength to the stitching because because you're sewing through a couple of layers.
Use your creativity and make your own cute bag; there are lots of possibilities! I can't wait to see what you make! Let me know if you make one!