I wanted a new dress for graduation. Why? Because I could make one. I wanted to make a wrap dress because it would be perfect for a growing belly. I found this free pattern and decided to use it. I didn't do much measuring so it was a little to small once I got partway into it. After that mistake and a couple others, I almost gave up. But I pushed through the mistakes and made a dress that I really like. It's a little roomy so I'll be able to grow a bit. (It was REALLY cold this morning when we were taking pictures; that's why I look uncomfortable.)
new serger which made it so much faster. Having a serger is fantastic! The serger even did all the gathering for me. I might actually make things with gathers now that they are so much easier. One of the mess-ups was how I did the underlayer. I ended up just sewing a line down the front, copying the gathered edge. I really like the style line. It's a fun addition.